Monday 20 June 2011

Fit for two

So the cat's out of the bag and everyone who needs to know is aware that I am pregnant. I actually found out shortly after signing on for the Body Design 's Learn To Run 10K. I let Elizabeth (the instructor) know right away and she has been great at working with me and feeding me useful information.

What I have found is that my running has taken a nose dive. I have completely slowed down to a crawl and I just feel awful while I'm doing it. for the last few weeks I have taken a break on running and just stuck with longer walks with the dog.

I am however, loving yoga even more. Throughout this entire pregnancy (save a week where I was sick) I have felt like a million bucks and I owe it to the Essential Yoga class Monday nights in Mount Albert.

Last week we we learned to combat resentment and anger with yoga. Since the pregnacy began I have been on a emotional rollercoaster and frustration quickly turns into anger. The class taught us to use the Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique. In this Breathing Technique, you inhale through one nostril, retain the breath, and exhale through the other nostril.

Not just anger, alternative nostril breathing helps calms an agitated mind, cleanses your lungs, improves sleep and soothes your nervous system.

No comments:

Post a Comment