Tuesday 30 August 2011

Living Room Yoga

Monday night and no class. We are on a bit of a break between sessions so we have a few weeks off. Sandy (Our Body Design Essential Yoga instructor) sent me home the other day with a tear-out from her Yoga magazine. Thanks again Sandy.

It was an excerpt on Prenatal yoga for all three trimesters. I read through it and have been doing some of the 2nd trimester poses at home.

My personal fav's.


Standing Poses - Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
In Hindu art, the triangle is a potent symbol for the divine principle. This helps stretch my back and neck without my belly getting in the way
Warm-Up Poses - Cat Pose (Bidalasana)Cat Pose (Bidalasana)
The Cat Yoga Pose teaches you to initiate movement from your center and to coordinate your movement and breath. This pose helps alleviate lower back fatigue and soreness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment