Friday 8 April 2011

Apparently...humans make better running buddies

Phew, the first class came and went. Not as bad as I expected AT ALL. I actually ended up exceeding my normal mileage ( I have been stuck for years) Who knew all it look was a little competition?

Elizabeth (instructor) was great, not a hard ass drill sergeant...not even close. She's a tiny, soft voiced Brit that was extremely well informed on running injuries and pains. Perfect! I speant my entire winter with brutal ankle pain from running on ice...I clearly had no idea what I was doing.

Only 3 of us in the class last night . Would have liked to see more people but I still managed to meet "M" (not sure if she wants her name mentioned). I most likely clung to her for our similarity in age but soon realized that this girl can run. She was far more advanced than me...which makes her a great running companion.

Speaking of running companions, Sam my German shepherd has been fired. She has become increasingly interested in spring wildlife and almost killed me several times today on our run. Until I can get some more training into her...I'm going to pass on this fitness buddy before we get hurt.

I am patiently awaiting the fitness schedule that Elizabeth will email all of us so I can plan out my week. I work best when someone tells me what to do....when it comes to working out anyways.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun class! Wish I lived close by, would definitely join for some friendly competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the class? It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The class is in Mount Albert - here; http://www.bodydesign.ca/ There is a list of a whole bunch of group classes in Newmarket, Uxbridge and Mount Albert.

    ReplyDelete