Thursday 19 May 2011

Footprints in the Sand

Okay so working out on vacation is like dieting on vacation. We all just kind of want to take a break from everything. The thing is, you want to get back from your vacation feeling amazing not feeling like you need another vacation.

Just as Brandi from Body Design says "everything in moderation". Of course you are going to have wine or a frozen daiquiri and order desert at a restaurant. But balance it with a good breakfast, fruit and veggies and some exercise like a morning walk down the beach or a long swim.

I will be missing my 10K class tonight so I went for a long run this morning. Beautiful scenery - waves crashing and a pretty empty beach at 7am.




Unfortunately I forgot my shoes and the weather has been so nice I haven’t gotten a chance to pick some up so I had to grab some $5 sneakers. Bad call. I have blisters all over my feet. I took them off for a bit and ran barefoot. Barefoot in the sand has to be the hardest run I have ever done. The tops of my legs will be feeling this one.

All in all it was a beautiful run, I got back before anyone was awake and discovered an amazing pier and boardwalk that I will tell everyone about once they get up.
I have to say this was a little different that my regular Thursday run with Body Design in Mount Albert, but I guess it will have to do ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment