Wednesday 23 November 2011

Chakra? Say what-a?

Well Monday nights yoga class was Ah-mazing. So glad I went as I was contemplating a bail...feeling oh so big in the middle these days. But I left feeling incredible.

Thankfully, Sandy (our instructor) provided an unintentionally pregnant friendly class where there was little to no "on the tummy" positions and lots of hip stretches.
I also received a ton of complements from teacher and fellow yogis...which you can't help but love. Even though you have a hard time believing it, its always nice to be told that "you look fantastic"

The class was geared around Chakras. Interesting and confusing topic indeed. From what I can pull from it, its an Indian concept where there are 7 Chakras in total that align vertically down the spine. Each Chakra holds a certain energy and place in the body. Each chakra can be stimulated and used to heal through various yoga poses.

Image taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

I know this is a pretty vague description but do some research, its extremely interesting and can get quite complex. You may get lost in it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment