Monday 30 April 2012

Got my shoes tied tight...

We are on week 5 of our running clinic with Body Design. It's getting tough now we are running six sets of 4 and 1's which is runners talk for interval training 4 minute run and 1 minute walk.  I can definitely feel the strength building though...much more than I ever did training on my own. I see a half marathon in my future!



Taking yoga while training for a 5K has been the perfect match. Sandy from Body Design's Essential Yoga recommends doing 4-5 sun salutations before every run. This is a 12 count set of various poses that glide into one another warming up your body and stretching your muscles at the same time. Check it out here.It makes a huge difference. I didn't feel as stiff the next morning after my run.

If anyone is thinking of starting to run I highly recommend a running clinic. Its the safest and fastest way to hit your goals.  Plus you now have a group of running buddies to get together with for group runs. This is a great way to ensure you don't bail and hit the couch instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment