Monday 4 July 2011

Relationship status: It's Complicated

What a run the other night! So since I found out I was pregnant, my running has taken a nose dive. It just didn't feel the same. I was slower, my muscles stiffer and I generally felt awful running. So, naturally I slowed down and slowing down turned into completely giving up. 3 weeks without running and Liz (our Body Design 10K instructor) decided to create a makeup class (we were all unable to make the last running class). I reluctantly agreed. We were to run a full (non-stop) 10km.

The makeup class was finally here and I just wanted to bail. I still had not run since my last class and I knew it was going to be bad. But when a couple of the runners were unable to make it, I felt obligated to attend.

I got to the class and immediately blurted out "not sure how much of this I will be running, probably more like a 10km walk"

We got started and it all rushed back to me. I was slower than normal, yes, but it felt amazing to be back on the road. We kept the run 10-1 (run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute) and continued all around beautiful East Gwillimbury.

It began to rain hard so we finished up our run best we can, a little short of 10K (9.6) but the amazing part is that I ran the whole thing and felt great!!

Me and running are back together again, taking it slow of course...and we couldn’t be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment